Picking up the scattered pieces

There are pieces of me scattered everywhere.

Scattered parts of myself I dropped along the way. Some in fear. Some from lack of use.

I am being asked to pick up those pieces. To follow the trail of breadcrumbs I left for myself. I guess the wisest parts of me knew I’d be back. That I’d need these pieces.Young girl hand playing jigsaw puzzle

Deep breath, Sweets. You know this feeling, don’t you?

It is fitting on Easter, when in my faith we celebrate rising from the dead, that I am being asked to resurrect some pieces of me I thought were lost or dead forever.

I am the teensiest bit elated. And overwhelmingly scared.

These are the vulnerable bits. The light-hearted, devil-may-care, trusting bits.

The bit that likes to dress up and feel pretty.

The bit that can accept a compliment without brushing it off in a no-nonsense manner.

The bit who believes someone will love her with all the wobbly bits that now come with the package. That probably always came with the package.

Some of you make this look so easy.

You rise from heartbreak or betrayal, not thinking too hard about any of it. Or maybe just making the thinking bit simple.

I am wired differently. I’ve said this before.

So, as I muddle through this in my own way, the bandages get ripped off one by one.

I am hoping that what I find underneath is healed and beautiful.

There is a chance I will discover some open wounds still.

As I tell my kids when they face something scary, the only way through it is through it.

Here I go. Scared. Delighted. Tentative. Brave. All at once.

It helps me to know some of you have gone before me. Because I see you now in all your glory, your joy, wobbly bits and all.

Living.

Laughing.

Loving.

Now that’s resurrection.

1. Your posts always get to the emotional core of life which is never easy. I hope whatever you’re dealing with is okay and that emotional bandage comes off easy.

What a compliment–thank you. I’m hoping for the same thing! 🙂

2. sparkleskay says:

love this post! I found humor in picking up pieces of our selves that we thought since they where damaged we couldn’t. I found myself picking back up my pieces after a heartbreak. Some how I found piece in doing so.

3. markbialczak says:

The sweet parts are going to be even better this time around, Kay. Just you wait. Older, wiser, easier to savor. Oh, lucky you.

4. What a lovely post! That’s resurrection, indeed… 🙂

5. Good luck! And excellent advice: “the only way through it is through it.”. That really is the only way. 🙂

Your time has come to shine
    All your dreams are on their way
    See how they shine . . .

x o x o x

7. Wonderful post!
    “Only way through a hardship is through it!” So true

8. The wound is always where the light enters! Love your honesty.

9. Wonderful! Years ago I had to let my most vulnerable side show, and it led me somewhere beautiful. This is my hope for you as well. 🙂

10. You are either in therapy or you are going on a date. Whichever it is, you will rock it!

Howling:). The two grouped together makes me laugh!

11. Good luck! It sounds like dating…? It can be scary but it’s the only way back/forward.

12. KM Huber says:

Good for you and very brave. Cheers from here!
    Karen

13. Good luck on your journey.

Enjoy your re-birth.

15. lmarieallen says:

How exciting! There’s nothing like rediscovering that part of you and dusting it off. You deserve it:)