What hovers between us

I make mistakes

Loudly and proudly

Yet softly and with repentance even as I go

I let the ordinary of the world intrude

And then I remember I am not here for the usual

Different eyes, a multi-colored lens,

Both a blessing

Or a curse

It may depend on the day

It is the way of the world and I am in it, not of it

Do you dare to pray on your darkest days?

The answer hovers between us

1. I LOVE that thought on whether we dare to pray on our darkest day. Beautifully written.

Thank you:). I know you do!

2. reocochran says:

I liked this beautiful and emotional poem which holds so much truth in it, K. I do pray at least three times a day. As I see needs of others or in my family, I pray.
    The world is something I pray for deeply and earnestly. Always. ๐Ÿ’ž

3. cozintransit says:

Every time I read your work, it feels like a start of a potential conversation. Your writing always feels honest. Those last two lines,”Do you dare to pray on your darkest days? The answer hovers between us.” Beautiful.

Oh, thank you! Means a lot to this writer๐Ÿ˜Œ. Would be nice if we could have those convos over coffee or tea!

4. cristi says:

Okay…get out of my head. This weekend I watched a Netflix documentary “On Yoga the Architecture of Peace”. It was very powerful and spoke just what you speak of “…I am not here for the usual”, “…I am in it, not of it”. Either we are completely on the same page or the universe is definitely trying to tell me something! I pray “what hovers between us” is always love…have a wonderful week.

I love it when kismet shows itself:). I’ve not seen that documentary but will have to check it out! In it, not of it–boy, that’s a blessing but the toughest thing I face many days.

5. Oh, what a lovely poem, Kristine! Thank you!! โค ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒœ
    And this — "The answer hovers between us." Priceless!!! ๐ŸŒ›๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’–๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒž

Thank you! Glad this one touched you.

6. โ€œI am in it, not of it.โ€ Yes. This. So much in this space that some days I barely feel human. Many days, Iโ€™d like to feel a little bit more human.

โ€œDifferent eyes; a multicolored lens.โ€ Beautifully put!

Thank you! Once you get that you are in it but not of it, I think itโ€™s a huge blessing. But that doesnโ€™t necessarily make it any easier. Iโ€™m sure I am not telling you anything that you donโ€™t already know :-). But hereโ€™s to the journey.

7. Beautifully written young lady, your masks are slipping ๐Ÿ˜€ The creative heart is baring her soul โค

Well, it is the weekend, right? Prime soul baring time:).

1. lol…of course ๐Ÿ˜€

8. Love this Kristine – those last two lines, powerful!

Thank you, Andrea! Rarely write anything close to poetry anymore but I think we have to keep those muscles working:).

9. Love this. I think working with different forms does so much to expand and enhance creativity. Well done.

Thanks, Kathy! I could use a creative infusion about now:).

10. DeniseBalog says:

“The answer hovers between us.” Beautiful.

Thank you! Glad it struck a chord:).

Thanks, Cynthia:)!